• Look like a coach and dress appropriately for the session in hand.
• Plan all sessions in advance in order to be as prepared as possible.
• Be punctual.
• Provide all the necessary equipment required to carry out the session.
• Ensure the session is appropriate to the players needs, setting achievable goals.
• Be approachable.
• Be flexible and adaptable.
• Encourage and build mental strength and motivate players.
• Respect other players, supporters and officials at all times.
• Respect the venue and the facilities we are using.
• Ensure all health and safety needs have been covered.
• Ensure the safety of all players at all times.
• Be positive and build confidence and self esteem.
• Create an enjoyable learning environment.
• Ensure inclusion of all players.
• Don’t see mistakes as failure but as an opportunity to learn and improve.
• Build knowledge of individual positions and how they relate to the team.
• Develop problem solving and decision making.
Coaches will :
• Use positive reinforcement when dealing with players.
• Never use foul or abusive language and never abuse a player mentally, verbally, or physically.
• Teach your children the rules of the game, fair play, and proper behaviour.
• Develop your child’s technique and their decision-making ability.
• Inspect the playing area for hazards and generally make practice sessions and matches as safe as possible for
your children. You should be aware, however, that football is a contact sport and your child may be injured. If this happens, we will provide
appropriate first aid.
• We will not allow a child to take part in a practice session or a match if they are injured.
• We will not leave your child unattended at a practice session or a game.
• We will only allow your child to leave a practice session or a game if a responsible person collects them, unless you give permission for
your child to leave with others or on their own.
• We will try our best to make the game enjoyable for everyone who takes part; players, opponents, parents/carers and
• As a coach I do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, colour, disability and I will treat all players, coaches and officials fairly
and as individuals.