• Support all the players in your child’s squad. Do not criticise anyone.
• Do not criticise opponents, their parents, or team mates. If you are unhappy about any aspect of peoples behaviour and approach please speak
directly to your child’s coach.
• Never audibly dispute the coaches decision. If you disagree with something, raise it at the appropriate time.
• Parents/carers must not coach from the touchline during matches or training. Leave this to the coach. However well intentioned this may cause
confusion on the pitch and erode your child’s confidence in the game.
• Parents/carers must not enter the field of play, unless specifically asked to do so (i.e. dealing with an injury, or performing other Club
duties such as handing out drinks).
Please Remember: The game is for the children. It is not for the glory of the coach, manager or
In addition we would encourage you to:
• Applaud and encourage good play from any individual or team
• Do not criticise your child’s performance, or coaching to your child or other parents.
• Support your child to develop a lifestyle conducive to sport with healthy eating/ good nutrition and sufficient sleep/recovery
• Let your child speak directly to the manager/coaches about any concerns they have over training or matches. By handling these ‘off the field’
issues, your child is also claiming ownership of all aspects of their game.
• When taking your child home after a match or training session, please be supportive and always focus on the positive aspects of their
• Encourage your child to take responsibility for their own kit, cleaning boots and ensuring they have a drinks bottle (full of water or squash
only) at training and if required to supplement that provided by the manager/coach at games.